Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday 7th February 2008

Had a fairly risky/rough day. Got lucky in the pre-market with a short on BSC that just made it to the target before reversing for the rest of the day. Sold the ICE Call for a $210 profit at around 10am. Missed a good deal of further upside, but at that stage it looked like the market was going lower and ICE was already up over $10. Made some dumb/risky plays on AAPL late in the day, which is true to my usual bad timing in the afternoon. Lost half of what i'd made and then made it all back with Longs on ATVI on good earnings. I'm taking a break tomorrow (unless something really good sets up), this week has been steller in a Profit sense.

+$970

2 comments:

Nagendra said...

Hi Paige, Can you direct me to some good resources to start option trading. I believe you are trading options , right? I used to trade stocks for a while but now taking a break. Would like to explore option trading..Tx

EquineTrader said...

Options trading is how I started out in 2006. It is a very effective method for swing trading the markets because it requires little capital (if you ain't got cash) and if you do have the money, it provides a set amount of risk for each trade. When I traded options exclusively I used a swing system called Commando. I found it very effective for holding one or two days. As for books, the only book I read initially on Options was the one by Demark. I never made any money off his reversal methods however - I think they are dated.