Monday, February 11, 2008

Dow Jones News

I have a question for anyone/everyone out there. I currently do not use a news service, but hear that Dow Jones News is very good and have realized in the past that it could have saved my ass from doing stupid things following an analysts note or what-not that you don't read in yahoo finance until the end of the day. Is Dow Jones News worth the cost? Does it update immediately that something happens, such as an analyst upgrade/downgrade etc... the Comtex News Service doesn't really say anything meaningful in real time. If you use DJ, could you give me a review of sorts??

Thanks!

7 comments:

mOOm said...

You can get it for free if you have Ameritrade Apex (do 5 trades a month with Ameritrade). It's not bad - sometimes though with some macro news releases they just don't release anything, but usually they are right on time. With individual stocks it varies. Earnings reports are usual on time. They won't neccessarily report on all analysts report. So it's better to have it than not but not 100% reliable.

EquineTrader said...

Are you sure that's the full DJ news serice? That's what I'm worried about though, because it costs $99 a month with tradestation, and I want to make sure it's right on time, all the time, with every piece of news that hits the traders in the pit.

My boyfriend is an Aussie by the way... they rock!

mOOm said...

Well, it's the only version I've used. Maybe someone who's used it through another provider can comment. It's one reason I keep my Ameritrade account.

Sanglucci said...

tradethenews.com gurl.... u b aite with that

EquineTrader said...

I got Trade The News... it's AWESOME! Thankyou!

rikshaw said...

Comtex pales in comparison to dow jones. Dow Jones content is much more complete. It seems everytime I open comtex its the same old midnight trader bs. If I were you I would try it for a month and see if it justifies the cost.

EquineTrader said...

Trade the News is AWESOME... I've had it for three days and am VERY impressed, only $45 a month. Better than the $99 that DJ charges on Tradestation.